Tyre Size Calculator/Tire Plus Sizing Calculator - Calculates Tyre Dimensions for Plus Sizing
Tyre Size Calculator/Tire Plus Sizing Calculator helps you to find the optimal tyre size when you install the larger wheels on a car. It calculates the tyre dimensions for plus sizing.
The tyre plus sizing or the tyre upsizing is the procedure of replacing a wheel with a larger one and mounting a suitable tyre on that wheel, the tyre with a smaller sidewall height(lower series, aspect ratio) than it's on the original equipment(OE) tyre, while keeping an overall diameter and a circumference of the new tyre approximately the same as they are for the OE tyre(i.e., stock tire).
The most popular Plus Sizing methods are:
- Plus One - utilizes a larger wheel with the one-inch larger diameter than the OE wheel's diameter, in combination with a new tyre which has suitable, smaller tyre sidewall height than the OE tyre's sidewall height, represented by a lower tyre aspect ratio(i.e. tyre series/profile). Also, the new tyre has a larger tyre width(i.e. section width) than the OE tyre's width.
- Plus Two - utilizes a larger wheel with the two-inch larger diameter than the OE wheel's diameter, in combination with the suitable tyre, the tyre with a lower aspect ratio(AR) and a larger tire width than the OE tyre's AR and width.
- Plus Three - utilizes a larger wheel with the three-inch larger diameter than the OE wheel's diameter, in combination with the suitable tyre, the tyre with a lower AR and a wider tire width than the OE tyre's AR and width.
All these plus sizing methods require a larger replacement wheel/rim, whose width affects the tyre choice also, besides its diameter.
Tyre Plus Sizing Calculator
In order to get the list of optional(i.e., replacement) tyres, that are adequate for your new wheels, in the plus sizing calculator below, select your original equipment(OE) tyre size, the new wheel/rim diameter size and click on "Show Optional Tyres for the New Wheel" - the orange button.
NEW feature: Or, You can display adequate tyres for all three Plus Sizing methods: Plus One, Two and Three; at the same time, by clicking on the "Show Plus One, Two 'n Three Tyre Sizes" - the blue button.
The calculator lists optional/alternate tyre sizes, based on the entered OE tyre size, where the overall tyre diameter difference between an optional tyre(OT) and the original equipment(OE) tyre fits within the range of -3% to +4% (+5% for Winter tires) of the difference between the OE overall tyre diameter and the OE wheel diameter (OE TD - OE WD or 2 x OE sidewall height).
This formula is used by the leading tyre manufacturers.
Plus Sizing Calculator
Table columns headings:
- Column "Diff" may have percentages in the range from -3% to +4%(+5% for Winter tyres), which are allowed. Its value represents the ratio of the difference between OT and OE tyre diameter and the difference between OE tyre and OE wheel diameter, presented as percentage(%). In other words, it says what is acceptable deviation of the OT tyre diameter from the OE tyre diameter.
- Column "Winter tyres only" that has an asterisk in a table row, means that the row tyre size is acceptable only for winter tyres.
Tyre interchangeability is not always possible, so be sure to consult your car manufacturer's manual before changing your tyres. This is for informative purposes only.
When practicing Plus Sizing methods, changing tyres and wheels, please pay special attention to the following: wheel size, i.e. wheel diameter, width and offset, tyre construction (Radial or Bias-ply), tyre speed rating, load capacity and maximum inflation pressure.
Try our other calculators:
- Calculate and compare the tyre dimensions for any tyre size (in mm and inches).
- Check the speedo for the speedometer error which may arise from the tyre size change, for any speedometer reading.
- Find out which wheel size is suitable for your tyres.
- Find the wheel offset and the backspace, which are important for positioning the wheel/tyre assembly inside the wheel well.
- Tyre size for rim size/width calculator tells you what tyre sizes to go for, for the size of your rim.
- Perform tire size conversion from the inch tire size to the metric tire size and the other way around with the tire size converter.
- Find out what is Plus Sizing.
- Pros and cons of the Plus sizing.
- Tire to rim fitment guide.
- Learn about a Tyre Size Designation.
- Check out the Charts: Tyre size chart, Tyre conversion chart, Tyre speed rating, Load index, Rim width and measuring rim for tyre size chart, Tyre width for rim width chart.
We would like to hear:
Your feedback, suggestions and ideas in order to help us serve you better. Let us know about your experience with the Tyre Size Calculator, Email Us.
Advertise on TyreSizeCalculator.com. Please don't hesitate to send us your inquiry .